The Contact Management Centre based at Derbyshire Constabulary Headquarters is looking to appoint resilient and assertive Contact Room Operators acting as first line contact to our local communities.
It is essential you are passionate about working in a fast-paced and challenging environment, supporting our local community. Working within a team, the role offers a diverse array of tasks including:
- Delivering excellent telecommunications
- Inputting significant information - gathered quickly and accurately
- Listening effectively and extracting information to assess the risk of each situation
- Excellent attention to detail.
You will ensure that all 999 emergency calls are answered promptly within the departmental and national targets. The role will involve recording incidents in accordance with both the National Standard of Incident Recording and National Standards of Crime Recording. You will answer 101 non-emergency calls from both internal and external sources promptly and professionally in line with departmental and national targets.
Our ideal candidate must be able to;
Sound good for you?
- Communicate in a concise and accurate manner
- Have excellent communication skills
- Experience of customer service and or have a background in a customer-facing role. However, we have found that candidates with various work and life experiences can excel in this role
- Strong IT skills and competent with computer applications including Microsoft Office packages
- You must have GCSE English Language Grade C/4 or above or equivalent qualification, or transferable competency in communication demonstrated by experience of interviewing clients/customers
- A strong team player
- Excellent geographical knowledge
- Must be able to travel to other stations when required.
To find out more, and to apply, please visit our website: http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/Careers/A-Career-With-Us/Force-Operations-Room-Operator.aspx